Saturday, 08 August 2009

THE AMA'S REACTION TO OBAMACARE

Ken Berwitz

From my cousin Audrey.  I promise you'll laugh.

The American Medical Association has weighed in on the new Obama health care proposals.

The Allergists voted to scratch it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The  Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

The Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception.
Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled,"Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians
said, "Oh, Grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and the
Plastic Surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on the matter...."

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were
pissed off at the whole idea.

The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and the
Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the Assholes in Washington.

free` LOL. I sent it to everyone in my email list. (08/08/09)

THE "ASTROTURFING" OUR MEDIA IGNORE

Ken Berwitz

In the past few days, we've heard a lot of references to "astroturfing".  "Astroturfing" is when a so-called grass roots movement is, in actuality, run by organized groups with an agenda.

In the health care debate, the Obama administration has been working triple-overtime to convince us that the people at town hall meetings all over the country who express disagreement with Mr. Obama's health care ideas are "astroturfers".

Since somewhere, somehow, they may have convinced a few people to ignore reality and believe this, I thought I would show you an instance of real astroturfing.  This one is reported by Noel Sheppard at www.newsbusters.org, and is from an event for - who else - speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi.

To see pictures of the astroturfers - real ones - just click here:

Media Ignore Democrat Astroturfing at Pelosi Event

By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
August 8, 2009 - 12:42 ET

As media members fell all over themselves last week calling town hall meeting protesters part of an angry mob financed by conservative organizations, they were totally disinterested in evidence of astroturfing by Democrats at an event attended by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.).

To highlight the supposed impact of stimulus funds on healthcare services, Pelosi joined Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) at the Colorado Coalition for the Homelesss Stout Street Clinic in Denver Thursday.

As marvelously reported by LookingattheLeft.com, a Democrat organization made sure that healthcare reform supporters were not only in attendance for the event, but were also nicely equipped with professionally made lawn signs (h/t Michelle Malkin via Rick Moore):

After I was on the scene for about 15 minutes I got a call from one of my location scouts. Hey, you gotta come down by the alley here. A bunch of Obama people just showed up.

I walked over to the far corner of the clinic and sure enough, freshly minted Obama supporters had arrived on the scene.

Note the wire lawn sign hardware left over from Obamas Presidential campaign. These people were organized by the ArapaHope Community Team (A.C.T.)

As LATL reported, the following e-mail message was sent by the ArapaHope Community Team: